Lately, we had been offered a chandelier. He was collecting dust in the attic, and we thought I would find him a place of his own. This is what I did: I installed it above my freshly furnished dining room, but something annoyed me every time I looked at it. It was too heavy in our decor. So I thought I would lighten it up in the restaurant.
I first removed the 5 glass shades and proceeded to cleanse with the cleaner & varnish remover. I left it on and rinsed 3 times until the soap was completely removed.
Using the oval paint brush, I applied a single coat of Cotton Ball paint. I really liked the effect of seeing the original colour come through some spots, which already gave it the rustic look I was looking for. In order to perfectly match the look of my dining room, I accentuated the old-fashioned effect by sanding in a few places at random.
Using a dry cloth, I removed the dust caused by the sanding, so that it was quite clean before applying the final touch. Throughout the upgrading, the chandelier was suspended, in order to have 360-degree access to it. To conclude this nice transformation, I wanted to protect it without contact, to avoid the backstage and above all, not to forget little nooks and crannies. So it was with a spray lacquer that I protected it.
So here is a chandelier which, in a few simple steps, has taken on a new look and has taken the place that was intended for it!
Bois de Lilas
Follow Lisa-Marie on her social media:
Follow on our social media: