This week, Lucie, blogger at Colorantic, shows us how to upgrade a coffee table. So you can follow, step by step, how to recreate your living room table in your decor. Just before, here are a few words from Lucie: “I bought a dull coffee table. It had a nice size. Above all, it was ready to be revamped up to date! It was a nice project to do with Colorantic chalk paint!”
1. First, I prepare all my surfaces and corners. For this I used Colorantic Cleaner and Varnish Remover and sprayed it evenly all over.
2. Second, I left it on for 5 minutes and then wiped it off with a clean, damp cloth. I didn’t need to sand the surfaces as everything was already smooth and clean.
3. Now we’re all set for painting!
4. Then I add a first coat of paint using a Colorantic medium sizeoval brush. For the table, I used the colour Caribbean Sea.
5. After an hour of drying (an hour to ensure maximum dryness), I applied a second coat for more uniformity. The original dark colour (black) seemed more difficult to hide. So only two thin coats were enough to complete my project.
6. For the finish, I used Colorantic White Snow Wax applied with the Round Wax Brush. I like to “stretch” the wax with the brush for a subtle but visible effect. So we have a smooth and flawless finish.
7. Finally, the table is now ready to add some subtle but elegant colour to your living room!
In short, it is a simple DIY furniture upgrade to achieve at home. Just use the right products and take the time for each step. You can also use these steps for another piece of furniture, such as a bookcase, side table, or living room cabinet! Let your imagination run wild so that your project fits your style and personality!