DIY of an outdoor herb holder
Do you like to garden in the summer, but you don’t have the space or the place to put your various little herb pots, among other things? LA FÉE DU BOIS (The Wood Fairy)
has created a perfect DIY for you that meets your needs. Simple to make, your outdoor herb holder will surely bring you joy.
First, here is the list of Colorantic products used for this project:
What you’ll need
- First, find a wooden pallet.
- Second, clean the pallet with the TSP type cleaner.
- Sand lightly to improve adhesion of the paint or glaze to the wood palette.
- Then apply your chosen primary paint colour, or glaze, to the wooden palette. A reminder that Colorantic paint dries in just 30 minutes.
- Next, place your anchors on the back of the wooden pallet.
- Use the Cotton Ball paint to give an old-fashioned look to your outdoor herb holder.
- To add a little something extra, use the Colorantic stencils to add a little design using of course, the Cotton Ball paint.
- Then, for optimal protection, apply the matte varnish. Finally, two coats of varnish will be necessary. Allow the first coat to dry first before applying the second.
- Place supports for your previously chosen herb pots.
- Add metal pots that you can paint with the colour of your choice using Colorantic paint.
- To finish, place your herbs in the metal pots.
Done! You have created an outdoor support for your herbs in no time!
This will allow you to hang it wherever you want so your herbs will be protected from the elements and sun!
In short, it’s a wonderful project to be carried out this summer! We are convinced that it will be a hit with your visitors! 😉
We invite you to watch the tutorial of La Fée du Bois (French only) by clicking on the link below.
LA FÉE DU BOIS
Artist and Youtuber